- DAMIANA LEAF: A powerful and potent herb indigenous to Mexico, Central America, and the West Indies
- POTENT EXTRACT: Quick release capsules provide the equivalent of 750 mg Damiana Leaves extract**
- EXPERTLY CRAFTED: Our premium formula is backed by our commitment to purity and potency
- HORBAACH MANUFACTURERS: Laboratory Tested, Trusted Ingredients, Superior Quality, 100% Guaranteed!
- FREE OF: Gluten, Wheat, Yeast, Milk, Lactose, Soy, Artificial Color, Flavor, Preservatives & Non-GMO
Damiana Plant Scientific Facts
- Scientific name: Tumera diffusa Willd.
- Other names: Mexican damiana.
- French: The bourrique.
- Spanish: Damiana.
- Environment: It grows in Mexico, Central American countries, and the southern United States, but not Europe.
- Description: Shrub of the Turneraceae family, growing up to two meters high. It has small, toothed leaves, lighter in color on its undersides, and small, yellow flowers that grow in the plant’s upper leaf axils.
- Parts of the plant used medicinally: The leaves.
Healing Properties and Indications
The leaves contain an essential oil (rich in cineole, cymol, and pinene), a glycoside: arbutin, a bitter component, tannin, and resin. Its medicinal properties do not depend primarily on the substances mentioned above, but they result from their mixture. The properties of damiana are as follows:
- Nervous invigorator. The use of damiana renders good results for treating asthenia, weakness, physical or intellectual exhaustion, and stress. Unlike other stimulant products, damiana has a mild action that does not lead to addiction.
- Genitalia stimulant. Damiana has been proven to produce an increase in the number and vitality of spermatozoids. In women, it regularizes menstrual cycles and stimulates ovary functions. It has revitalizing and aphrodisiac properties for both sexes, which, unlike other sexual stimulants, does not have any known side effects. It is recommended for male impotence, premature ejaculation, and spermatorrhea (involuntary emission of semen).
- Mild diuretic.
How to use Damiana
- Infusion with 60-90 g of leaves per liter of water. Drink two or three cups daily.
- Extracts. These extracts are presented as diverse pharmaceutical preparations.
- George D. Pamplona-Roger, M.D. “Encyclopedia of Medicinal Plants.” George D. Pamplona-Roger, M.D. Encyclopedia of Medicinal Plants. Ed. Francesc X. Gelabert. vols. 2 San Fernando de Henares: Editorial Safeliz, 2000. 613. Print.[Damiana plant]
Last update on 2023-12-04 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API