Herbs for varicose veins: The veins carry blood to the heart after passing through capillaries and nourished oxygenated tissues. The blood passes through the veins with almost no pressure, thus making the return of blood from the legs especially difficult, as it has to rise against the force of gravity.
- Varicose Vein Support – Provides support for healthy varicose veins and controls poor pressure for those in sedentary work or home offices.
- Encourages Blood Flow – We must strengthen our vein walls, for they can be weakened by excessive straining from sitting, stress, constipation or diarrhea.
- Optimize Circulation – Promotes leg & feet circulation; supports cardiovascular health while giving your more stamina and endurance to stay active.
Herbs for varicose veins contain venotonic substances, which promote blood flow through the veins, avoiding dilation and the formation of varicose veins. Venotonic herbs are also helpful for hemorrhoids and dilated veins in the anal area. Compresses soaked in a decoction of certain venotonic and cicatrizant plants are an exciting addition to treating varicose ulcers of the legs.
This condition is caused by permanent dilation of the veins. The following herbs all have venotonic action; that is to say, they strengthen the walls of the veins, avoiding excessive dilation. Venotonic plants also act by promoting the return of blood inside the veins. Some of the following plants also have capillary protecting properties, thus regenerating and strengthening the cells that form the tiny vessels or capillaries. The blood flows to the tissues. This way, the edema in tissues diminishes, and blood circulation is improved.
This condition is an inflammation of the veins that is to say that usually occurs in varicose veins, previously dilated veins. Besides the recommended plants for varicose veins, phytotherapeutic treatment of phlebitis requires the local application of compresses or poultices of these herbs on the area affected by phlebitis.
Best Herbs for Varicose Veins
- SUPPORT BLOOD CIRCULATION & NITRIC OXIDE – A smart choice for men or women our blood flow supplements supports healthy nitric oxide production. Healthy nitric oxide levels has been tied to supporting muscle cramps, fatigue, or varicose or spider veins.
- BLOOD FLOW & PRESSURE SUPPORT – Rich in Niacin, Hawthorne, L-Arginine, Diosmin, Horse Chestnut and Ginger Root our circulation support supplement support pressure in the legs while fortifying vein health.
Top Herbs with Capillary Protecting Action
These herbs strengthen and regenerate the cells that form the tiny vessels or capillaries through which the blood flows to the tissues. The most important active components responsible for this action are rhutine or vitamin P and anthocyanins. They are applied in the case of bleeding caused by vessel fragility, edema, varicose veins, and phlebitis. By strengthening the cells that form the capillaries, these plants decrease the fluid flow from the capillaries to the tissues, thus reducing edema and improving blood circulation.
This condition is a loss of skin integrity, making it difficult to heal, and is caused by an alteration in the blood circulation. It is usually related to varicose veins and phlebitis and is located in the lower part of the legs, near the ankle.
The phytotherapeutic treatment of varicose ulceration consists of ingesting venotonic herbs and capillary protecting plants, combined with applying poultices and compresses on the affected area cicatrizant antiseptic and astringent plants.
The horse chestnut is a beautiful tree whose bark and seeds contain a glycoside called esculin, a substance that has a powerful venotonic and capillary protecting action. A decoction of its bark and leaves is taken orally (respecting the dosage) and applied in compresses on the legs, achieving notable results in tired legs or edema caused by varicose veins or venous insufficiency of the lower extremities. It is also applied in sitz baths in the case of hemorrhoids. The horse chestnut esculin is part of many pharmaceutical preparations with a venotonic and anti-edema action.
The bilberry fruits are rich in anthocyanins, which dye the skin a bluish color. When taken orally, anthocyanins reinforce capillary and vein walls and improve blood circulation to the retina and the lower extremities. Bilberry juice is a good remedy for varicose veins.
Venotonic herbs, and ascending massages in the lower extremities, promote blood circulation and improve the appearance of the legs.
- George D. Pamplona-Roger, M.D. “Encyclopedia of Medicinal Plants.” George D. Pamplona-Roger, M.D. Encyclopedia of Medicinal Plants. Ed. Francesc X. Gelabert. Vols. 1 San Fernando de Henares: Editorial Safeliz, 2000. 248, 249, 250. Print. [herbs for varicose veins]
Last update on 2024-02-20 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API