This is one of the intestinal disorders caused by intestinal fermentation produced by digestive intolerance to specific meals or alteration of the intestinal bacterial flora. The herbs mentioned have carminative properties, thus promoting the expulsion of gas produced by intestinal fermentation. These carminative properties are usually a consequence of the aromatic essences plants contain.
Charcoal, whether oak charcoal, poplar charcoal, or from other trees, also exerts a notable anti-flatulent action; however, produced by other means. It absorbs, that is to say, retains on its surface a high amount of toxins and intestinal gas.
Besides using one or several herbs, treating an excess of intestinal gas demands changes in dietary habits so that the products which cause flatulence will be taken more. Milk, legumes, white bread, and confectionery are usually the products that are more likely to lead to flatulence.
Best Herbs For Intestinal Gas
No products found.
This condition usually appears due to a lack of enzymes and digestive juice. Food must usually be taken and absorbed into the blood flow inside the small intestine so that the only water and non-absorbable waste, such as vegetal bran, go to the large intestine.
However, when this is not so, a lack of digestive juice and undigested nutrients arrive in the large intestine unabsorbed, and the high amount of bacteria in this part of the intestine ferment those nutrients. So, abundant gas, intestine cramps, and even colitis appear.
Herbs for Intestinal Fermentation
|Black poplar||Clary sage||Thyme|
The herbs above reduce fermentation in diverse ways, contributing to a good intestinal function. Meat and animal products are the main causative agents of intestinal fermentations.
No products found.
The large intestine usually houses many microorganisms, forming intestinal flora. These bacteria play several indispensable roles in the digestive process, besides producing several vitamins, such as vitamin K.
The action of antibiotics, especially when taken orally, and also colitis, produce an alteration of the intestinal flora. Some types of bacteria increase and other types diminish or even disappear. This alteration of the intestinal flora is known as intestinal dysbacteriosis and can be treated with the help of the listed medicinal herbs.
Herbs for Intestinal Dysbacteriosis
- Expertly extracted to support vision and eye function.
- Prepared from the fully-ripened berry of certified organic Vaccinum myrtillus plants.
- Rapidly absorbed liquid extract.
- Gluten-free and non-GMO.
- Herb potency assured through High Performance Thin Layer Chromatography (HPTLC) analysis.
It consists of an inflammation of the stomach and intestine. It is usually caused by several harmful microorganisms which affect the digestive tract. Gastroenteritis manifests itself with vomiting, diarrhea, and sometimes fever.
A dietary treatment consists of abstaining from solid food during the first days. Any infusions or decoctions we mention here can be taken as a drink when suffering from the acute phase of this disease until solid food such as apple, carrot puree, or tapioca can be retaken.
Herbs for Gastroenteritis Intestinal Disorders
|Early purple orchid||Apple tree||Five-finger grass|
- 100% tested USDA and Kosher certified herbal product
- Organic products imported from Albania and packaged in USA
- Authentic whole myrtle leaf, Cut & Sifted, processed in a hygienic environment
- Pure, highly potent Myrtle Leaf Cut & Sifted with a distinct aromatic effect
- The packaging is flavor-sealed for freshness
This is the inflammation of the colon, usually produced by harmful microorganisms but also by certain medicines such as antibiotics and toxic substances such as coffee. Repeated use of irritant laxative substances can also cause colitis. Alterations of the intestinal flora and specific nervous system imbalances can also be accompanied by colitis.
Herbs for Colitis
|Papaya tree||Cassava||Beech tree|
This kind of diarrhea occurs with bleeding and mucus, producing a severe affliction of the general condition. It usually takes place in tropical regions as an epidemic. The plants mentioned here are used as a complementary treatment to a specific treatment based on antibiotics and intravenous serotherapy. The astringent and hemostatic properties of these plants will help cure this disease.
Herbs for Dysentery
Irritable Bowel Syndrome
This is a colon ailment with nervous causes, whose symptoms are functional disorders such as sudden changes between constipation and diarrhea, spasms, and flatulence.
Herbs for Irritable bowel syndrome
This is a spasm of the muscles covering the intestine, which usually goes with gastroenteritis, colitis, irritable bowel, spastic constipation, and other intestinal afflictions. The herbs listed relax the walls of the intestine and stop any excessive motility of the digestive tract.
Herbs for Intestinal Colic
Most constipation cases have a functional reason; this is to say, organic lesions do not cause them in the intestine. The herbs recommended have specific actions for functional constipation due to their mild physiological laxative properties.
The atony of the intestine walls can cause constipation. In this case, the herbs listed must be taken. When constipation does not disappear after administering any laxative substance for three to four days, consult a physician immediately.
Herbs for Constipation
|Chicory||Tinnevelly senna||Purging cassia|
|Alder buckthorn||Cascara sagrada|
Besides exerting a mild laxative action, the herbs mentioned stimulate the peristaltic movements of the intestine, which cause feces to pass through the tract. All these plants are especially recommended in the case of chronic constipation, with long evolution, which cannot be treated with any other means. The results are slow but effective. Any phytotherapeutic treatment must accompany physical measures (exercise, abdominal showers, etc.) and a change of toilet habits.
Herbs for Intestinal Atony
Several types of worms can attack the intestine, especially that of children. The most common are:
- Oxiures – White, tiny roundworms, difficult to see, which cause anal itching.
- Ascaris – Roundworms, bigger than oxiures, can produce abdominal pain, nausea, and lack of appetite.
- Taeniae – There are several types of taeniae, the most frequent being pig tapeworm (up to five meters large) and hydatic cyst taenia. Intestinal parasites live inside the human intestine and stick to its walls with a kind of sucker they have on their head. Plants with vermifuge properties loosen parasites, promoting their elimination if a laxative substance is administered.
Herbs for Intestinal Parasites
|Lavender cotton||Male fern||Pomegranate|
- George D. Pamplona-Roger, M.D. “Encyclopedia of Medicinal Plants.” George D. Pamplona-Roger, M.D. Encyclopedia of Medicinal Plants. Ed. Francesc X. Gelabert. vols. 2 San Fernando de Henares: Editorial Safeliz, 2000. 478, 479, 481, 482, 483, 485, 486. Print.[intestinal disorders]
Last update on 2023-12-01 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API